First some urls for recipes I am choosing:
Lamb with fava beans
Dandelion salad w/hot bacon dressing
Chick peas and chard
Brine for roast chicken
Unfortunately, the kitchen is taking longer to clean than I expected; I've done two loads in the dishwasher and have the prepped vegetables in the fridge, the TJ chicken is brining there, but I've not done any actual cooking yet. A couple more hours tomorrow morning will do it, though, and then I can probably cook everything but the lamb in the afternoon; I plan to cut the young onions and the carrots, coat them in a little olive oil, and roast them alongside the chicken. The spinach can be a side dish to the lamb, just steamed w/olive oil and parmesan or butter and raspberry vinegar.
Yesterday was kind of a wash as far as cooking/cleaning. I ended up spending most of the day shopping. I had discovered some inexpensive baled glass storage bottles at Ross on Wednesday ($7 for 3), so I decided to check out a couple other local Ross's. They also had some amazing prices on small ceramic baking dishes, so I picked up a couple of those, too.
I failed to score at the store that was supposed to have the organic pork. They do have organic chicken, though, and decent-looking seafood, so it wasn't a complete waste. Then a trek to Grocery Outlet, where I got 15 tins of the yellowfin ventresca. I put gas in the car, too, so all in all it was semi-productive but didn't get kitchen clean or food cooked.
The good news is that by tomorrow the kitchen should be clean enough that I will be able to take pictures of what I am cooking.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment